• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Auto cleaning function is not working

robsonr

Hi everybody,

I have issue with the printer, that the ink dries on the head and causes clogging. I did couple of tests, when I realized that auto cleaning function is set but it is not doing any cleaning which results in the problems I have been experiencing. I bought this printer second hand, so I don’t have much history with it and therefore I don’t know whether it was working or not.
What are the setting and other requirements to have auto cleaning working?
Do you have any tips what needs to be replaced if defective?
And my last question … Is there a way to trigger cleaning cycle on a schedule remotely from Windows or Unix server? Potentially triggering small print job would result in cleaning as well.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Thank you for your help.

-Robson

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If one or more of your inks is low enough, the cleaning cycle will not initiate. You can test this by trying to run a manual cleaning cycle. If it doesn't run, that's your problem. That is all I can think that will cause your issue. How many hours is your cleaning cycle set to run? As far as I know there is no easy way to set up a print to run automatically unless you have some programming skills that would automate something like that.

robsonr

If one or more of your inks is low enough, the cleaning cycle will not initiate. You can test this by trying to run a manual cleaning cycle. If it doesn't run, that's your problem. That is all I can think that will cause your issue. How many hours is your cleaning cycle set to run? As far as I know there is no easy way to set up a print to run automatically unless you have some programming skills that would automate something like that.

I have set it to 3 hours. I have no problem to run cleaning manually.