• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Auto cleaning function

HarriJHynynen

Hello Does anyone know can I choose from Roland auto clean function so that printer makes cleanings during the printing? if yes, what is the printer model and firmware for it

InkjetAuction

Periodic Cleaning

Good question.

You are speaking about the Periodic Cleaning setting. Periodic Cleaning defaults to the OFF setting, and must be changed if you want to have the machine run periodic cleanings DURING PRINTING.

There are three settings... NONE, PAGE, and XX MINS (where XX is a number between 10 and 990)

• NONE is no period cleaning during printing
  • PAGE will run a cleaning before printing each "PAGE"
  • XX MINS will run a cleaning after XX minutes of printing have accumulated. This can be set from 10 mins to 990 minutes.
Please be aware that since printing pauses to clean-- when set to XX MINS-- you may be cause a visible dry line (in some circumstances)

This is a good setting to use if you have a large banner with a solid... and you experience those damn little ink drops spitting now and then caused by ink buildup.

For VersaCAMMs, this feature is enabled on the VP-series, new SPi-series, and VS-series (under Sub Menu)

For SOLJETS, this feature is enabled on the PROII & PRO III printers.

... for what it's worth

~E