• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Auto Save or Auto Backup of Document

Mad Mike Signs

I posted this on the FLexi USer site and got no response so will try it here

I have Flexi 8.1

I saw an option for Flexi to save a backup copy of my current document and set the option to enable it. I have a few questions.

1- What is the naming convention and file extension it uses ? I assume it saves to the latest folder I opened or saved to.

2- Why do I get a unable to save file error if i have started a new project and it is still "untitled" ?

3- How do I access/Open the backup ?

4- When if ever does the backup go away ?

5- If I accidently save over a file, is it truly gone. Is there a way to create a backup anytme I save a file with the same name ?

This would not be an issue until recently when Flexi decided to start crashing for no good reason, and tells me to save my work and the save fails

Signlab opens the last work you had based on the autosave which is great when the machine crashes in teh middle, but bad if you do not rename before you go back in....is Flexi the same way ? does it use the same save file over and over ?

Thanks for any insights
<!-- Message body ''"" -->

VinylCraft

Well a introduction helps instead of just jumpin in the ring. So with that said the search option is a great option try it.

Mad Mike Signs

BAD BAD Things Happen with Save Every Enabled

well since they do such a great job of not documenting this feature let me enlighten a few as to my findings.

Flexi does a flat SAVE every XX minutes based on this setting...SAVE being the keyword as it saves right over your existing file.

I do race cars, so I open an exisitng file to get a logo I used on someones car for a new job. Then I delete out the extra crap I don't need or change the logo as needed for the new job. Trouble is while I am doing this the SAVE is wiping out my real original file.

SO, EVERY FILE YOU OPEN you should immediatly do a SAVE AS with your new name before doing anythgin else.

Another problem is when I open a clip art file as a starting point, it wants to save the file back to it....I caught this as I got some stuff from CD that was write protected.

Ths is also a problem if yu are cutting a lot of stuff from one file. I routinely get all my art done and save before cutting anythnig....then as I cut it I delete it from the screen so this SAVE EVERY wreaks havoc all over the board

PMG

i found this out my self,,,if you drag and drop ....don't .......use the import option when bringing objects into your current work file and then it will not save to the file path it came from and it will save in the work file your working on.