Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automark 230-231

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by tbullo, May 30, 2020.

1. tbullo

tbullo Superunknown

Apr 5, 2012
    VA
    Is anybody using Automark 230 on box truck sides and trailers? I have a few jobs coming up that looks like maybe a good fit for this product. I asked my materials rep about it, and he says that they sell a lot of it for that purpose( flat side box trucks and trailers). I was wondering about real world use of it. Normally we do this in 3M ij180, but with people penny pinching now made me look at this product.

Tags:
  2. RichSigns

RichSigns New Member

Apr 6, 2014
    Sarasota, Florida
    I use a ton of this stuff. Works great.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    I like 3M IJ40c with 8518 and oracal 3551ra with 290g. Oracal 215g laminate has worked well for us too on flat surfaces.
    Price is the same as 230 but they are removable, 230 spec says permanent.

4. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    We keep a roll in stock all the time. Works very well for what you're asking about.

5. johnschleich

johnschleich New Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Elmhurst, Illinois
    We use Automark 230 in our shop all the time. However, our installers tell us not to use it on box trucks with rivets as anything that is not cast wrap film will fail around the rivets. Have other shops seen this happen?

6. tbullo

tbullo Superunknown

Apr 5, 2012
    VA
    Thanks for all the replies.

7. Never used it before so I am going to give it a shot - I have a 20' trailer to wrap this week. Thanks for posting - my customers are penny pinching too :)