• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Automated Postage Label Printing?

Biker Scout

OK, client of mine wants to automate their postage label printing from their online order cart set-up. Meaning, that when an order is placed in real time, a shipping label automatically prints out in the warehouse. Without having someone to click and process or batch orders on a computer in the front office. The perimeters obviously would be pre-set with stamps.com or usps.com integration tools. Like qty, selection, color etc. and could easily print a code on the shipping label for warehouse packers to see.

If any of you have ever heard of this, doesn't matter the price of the system or software, I'd like to know about it.

One instance that would make this great is if the owners wanted to take a few days off, anyone in the warehouse could still come in and make sure orders get fulfilled, without having to have access to the main computer in the front office. As orders trickled in overnight, they'd just print out once the customer on the other end confirmed and placed the order.

The closest I've found was AlphaShipper, but still requires computer screen access. Although, it was easy to process orders as hitting the refresh button, selecting orders and clicking process orders button. That might be an OK solution if nothing else really automated exists.

Any direction on this type of automation would be fantastic.