• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Automatic cleaning stuck in a loop - please help

Msrae

Rae
I am currently having a very frustrating issue with my Roland CJ-540. I have replaced the motor and the encoder sensor. I am trying to run the intitialize program to get it all working again.

My problem is that as soon as I turn on the main power, the machine turns itself on to run the cleaning program. Of course, it can't clean because it hasn't had the initialize program run, so it tries for a minute and then defaults directly to the "0101 error" so I am basically stuck in a loop.

I have tried holding the power button as soon as I turn on the main power, no luck, still tries to clean. I have tried holding the left, right, up arrow as I turn on the main power and still it defaults to the clean. I have even tried using the arrow sequence to get into service mode, but since the machine will not stay off, it won't allow me to go through the sequence before it turns itself on and right into clean mode.

Has anyone else dealt with this issue, and how in the heck to I get it to stop defaulting directly into clean mode so that i can run the initialize program?

Msrae

Rae
Thank you for your reply E,

I just want to clarify, are you talking about the lithium battery that is located on the network board? That is the only battery I can find when doing a search in the service manual.

Msrae

Rae
Inkjet Auction,

Thank you so much for your suggestion of the battery. Using that information I called Roland (who are WONDERFUL, even though my machine is old) and they told me what to look for. I took off the back panel and found the battery (not the small one on the ethernet board, but a large one like a large watch battery). I removed that and it is now out of the cleaning loop. I have a lot more things to get through (the carriage won't lock when trying to run the initialize program) but at least I am one step closer!

Thank you again. I even called the service techs here in Utah (they also told me there is no one in the state that services my machine :banghead:) and they were stumped as to a solution as well.

:rock-n-roll::U Rock::notworthy: