• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Automotive Color Matching

ScottB

Ok Gurus of the Rolands, here's one for you!

I have a customer who wants the same color of the truck as the background of the magnetic signs. I know what you're thinking, the background as the same of the truck? I lost that battle, remember the customer is always (most of the time) right.

Anyway, is there some way to closely match the color of the truck to a Roland VersaWorks color short of printing out sample strips and comparing them to the truck?

Is there a website out there that cross references paint codes to Pantone colors or Roland colors? Maybe there's a need for such a site?

Information I do have:
Vehicle: 2010 Cheverolet Silverado 2500 HD
Color: Blue Granite Metallic aka Stealth Gray Metallic
Paint Code: U 928L or WA928L

As always, any info is appreciated!

OldPaint

the old way of doin this............go to a AUTOMOTIVE PAINT SUPPLIER, get a pint of the color of the truck, add some RUBBER BUMPER ADDITIVE to the paint and SPRAY THE MAGS!!!! then you can letter/vinyl/ apply print................

Custom_Grafx

My local body shop keeps a swatch of his paints just like we do for our vinyls. We sit, have a coffee and pull out our swatches when we need to. Not only does this method work, it's a great excuse to get some sun and a coffee.

ERA Paints

Ok Gurus of the Rolands, here's one for you!

I have a customer who wants the same color of the truck as the background of the magnetic signs. I know what you're thinking, the background as the same of the truck? I lost that battle, remember the customer is always (most of the time) right.

Anyway, is there some way to closely match the color of the truck to a Roland VersaWorks color short of printing out sample strips and comparing them to the truck?

Is there a website out there that cross references paint codes to Pantone colors or Roland colors? Maybe there's a need for such a site?

Information I do have:
Vehicle: 2010 Cheverolet Silverado 2500 HD
Color: Blue Granite Metallic aka Stealth Gray Metallic
Paint Code: U 928L or WA928L

As always, any info is appreciated!