• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery 600 series vs 700 series? Same?

J

john1

Hey guys, Just noticed that Grimco is now carrying Avery but in the calendered vinyls they have a 6 year 600 series and a 6 year 700 series. I use the 700 series now but it looks like the only difference is one is thicker than the other.

Anyone know if this is the only difference and why there is 2 Avery 6 year vinyls?

crazy_jay_25

The 600 series is designed to compete with Oracal as far as a glossier finish. Since I prefer Avery but get stuck with Oracal because of the finish I will be trying the 600 in the next week or so.

J

john1

I see, Wonder why the 600 series is more expensive if it's the same just one is gloss and one is semi-gloss?

J

john1

Well, wasted half of a 30' roll trying to get this crap to weed good. I have used 651 and the 600 series is nothing at all like it.

Weeds like garbage and has the worst smell EVER. I am using a fresh clean cut blade and tried 5 different pressures and all would cut fine but when it came time to weed the vinyl would all stick together and come up all at once. I know 3M digital vinyls have a strange smell to them but this thing honestly smells like a skunk. I have a eco-sol printer and that thing doesn't even smell this bad or give me headaches but that 600 series cut vinyl does.

Called my vendor and they are having a Avery rep contact me to talk about my issues and to get a refund if possible (lol). The vinyl isn't expensive but it did waste my time and hold up some jobs.

I loaded in some of the 700 series which is what i normally use, same design, same cut settings and it cuts and weeds like butta. I just didn't have enough to finish the jobs i needed so i am awaiting a new roll to arrive tomorrow (today) of the 700 series i am used to.

J

john1

Avery called me today and is reimbursing me for the bad roll. Paid the return shipping and all.

Good people.

J

john1

700 has hardly any smell, Only time you can smell it is when your unboxing a fresh roll IMO.

Been using it for 6 years now (it used to be called A6). The 600 i kid you not, HAD to have had some kind of solvent in it that was super super smelly. I got a headache and it stunk up my whole work area. Even with the air duster running on high. Smelled exactly like a skunk. My versacamm doesn't even give me headaches but this cut vinyl certainly did.

My roll of 700 series came in this morning and cut like butta and i got the job done easily. The smelly 600 series roll has been sent back to Avery and i got reimbursed for the shipping and the vinyl roll at my vendor i bought it from :)