• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Avery Dennison® V-4000 Retro-Reflective Films Printer Compatability

WrapSolutions

We are printing on the Avery Dennison® V-4000 Retro-Reflective Film on the Epson SureColor S70675 and noticing what I thought may have been dust or something on the film, so wiped the 'exposed portion off with a lint free cloth dampened with denatured alcohol. I then realized this may not be the cause, so the pictures shown attached here do not indicate where I may have caused streaking with the cloth. ,We had successfully run this material through our HP 570, but the job was significantly less saturation. The reason I need to run off the Epson is due to the bright orange the client is used to and the HP cannot reproduce. Does anyone have a suggestions? I couldn't find an ICC profile, but perhaps there are other suggestions?
Avery-Reflective-V4000-SureColor2.JPG
Avery-Reflective-V4000-SureColor3.jpg

Last edited:

WrapSolutions

We are printing on the Avery Dennison® V-4000 Retro-Reflective Film on the Epson SureColor S70675 and noticing what I thought may have been dust or something on the film, so wiped the 'exposed portion off with a lint free cloth dampened with denatured alcohol. I then realized this may not be the cause, so the pictures shown attached here do not indicate where I may have caused streaking with the cloth. ,We had successfully run this material through our HP 570, but the job was significantly less saturation. The reason I need to run off the Epson is due to the bright orange the client is used to and the HP cannot reproduce. Does anyone have a suggestions? I couldn't find an ICC profile, but perhaps there are other suggestions?

C

ColoPrinthead

If that is anything like the EG reflective of Avery's it is probably bad material. Avery EG was consistently giving me issues like what you are describing when I worked with reflectives.

WrapSolutions

Customer Service at AD is phenomenal btw. I did get this response from them yesterday:

I apologize for the issue your experiencing with this roll of V4000. Based on what we see in the photo there appears to be some form of plasticizer migration that is blooming to the surface. We’ve seen this happen before. What we have not been able to determine is why latex printers seem to still work fine when this issue presents itself but the solvent/eco-sol printers do not.
If you can please arrange to get this printed sample picked up and sent into George so a formal claim can be submitted and we will get this roll credited. Also can you take a picture of your remaining rolls in your inventory at the whse? I want to see what lots you have. If Emily’s roll is from this same lot run I recommend that we have a roll ordered and drop shipped from us directly.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You say that is reflective media ?? Why is it so grainy looking ?? Under a jewelers loop, it might look like that, but not normally.

Also, we've never used Denatured Alcohol to wipe off vinyls of any kind. Isopropyl, but we wipe it on and keep wiping til it is totally dry. We never let it air dry. Air dry will cause streaks and smears of all kinds.

C

ColoPrinthead

I have gotten maybe 3 bad rolls of Avery vinyl over the years (I can't count how many of the EG had this issue though) and they have always been good about replacing them.

Gino the grainy look is the issue.