• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Avery Etchmark with new Plastic liner

Jim Petzold

We have been using Etch-mark for years. The just changed to a new poly liner. At first we loved it, much easier to weed out with the fine detail that we are cutting. The problem is the transfer tape. The standard 4075 tape we use will not take it off the liner. I tried Clear Choice , that took it off the liner but when We applied it with 50/50 alcohol water fluid, the adhesive deteriorated and was pulling off the tape. Has anyone run into this & found a better transfer tape &/or application fluid for this?

Signed Out

We have been using Etch-mark for years. The just changed to a new poly liner. At first we loved it, much easier to weed out with the fine detail that we are cutting. The problem is the transfer tape. The standard 4075 tape we use will not take it off the liner. I tried Clear Choice , that took it off the liner but when We applied it with 50/50 alcohol water fluid, the adhesive deteriorated and was pulling off the tape. Has anyone run into this & found a better transfer tape &/or application fluid for this?

Haven't used the etch-mark, but I can tell you for sure, 4075 R Tape, is not what it used to be. Just started a thread about it and needing a better tape for air release liners. I'm going to give 3M SCPS 55 a try.

Lindsey

Not A New Member
I dont' think that the Clear Choice tape gets along very well with wet applications.

I have the same issue with premask not picking up the letters when I use the 3M 3630 series of translucent films with the poly liner.

A paper premask with a higher tack should help, and will play nice with the application fluids.