• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AVERY EZ RS bubbles after install ?

WrapperX

I use Avery EZ RS on everything I do - it DOES conform better then 3Ms CV3 and DOES stick better.

I have done over 50 installs with the EZ RS and I haven't had a SINGLE failure so if it's failing for you it's either A) Installation error or B)surface interferance with adhesion.

Now I wouldn't insult your ability to do installation technique like some people on here but I do know that we all make mistakes, lord knows I have, so it is a possibility.

formanek

Thanks for your input John, but your awsome "full stripes" aren't a vehicle wrap and even a monkey couln't mess that up.

We just did an install Full Wrap on a 2011 Tundra with this sh*t that was outsourced to us. It doesnt wanna stick after big stretch of after tenting a handle and you have to squeegie it hard as hell in order to get all those bubbles out.

The bottom line is that avery's claim to fame is thier low tach adhesive, even in thier high-tack products like the economy vinylor even the EZ RS, and even that blows. In my opinion there are only 2 options for vehicle wrap..3M, Oracal and Avery...in that order. If you buy a cheaper vehicle wrap to save a few bucks then this is what you get.

Bottom Line...buy 3M, and dont skimp out.

We get it you don't like Avery. Shut it!

sar bossier

Funny, companies buy the new Avery because it's a better wrap product then the current 3M. Actually the price i was getting 3M at, is a 60 dollar difference for the set... nothing special. Price has nothing to do with it.. well maybe for some it does..? Your ignorance is beautiful. Do you even do a high volume of wraps?

Oh another funny fact, on your website you list Avery first as supplies used.

Avery sticks perfectly, doesn't bubble , and conforms MUCH better then 3M. If you're having problems with it, It's on a user level - not a material problem. The reason for averys lower price point is to get back into the market they messed up on 5-6 years ago. next year, it'll cost more then 3M, and i'll still buy it.

:thumb::goodpost::rock-n-roll::toasting:

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
I'm not turning this thread into another stupid argument,

I'm also not gonna argue with you about Avery and 3M.

Please dont respond, its immature, thread jacking and useless.
Thanks!

Funny, seems like you've already done all of these things in the first few resonses on this thread.

jasonx

Pretty sure Avery states you need to apply roughly 6kg of squeegee pressure once the vinyl is on the surface to expel all the air beneath the vinyl.

One good tip to know if you've applied the film correctly is to lightly go over it with a heat gun. If you have bubbles appearing everywhere you haven't applied the correct pressure to apply the film to the surface.

Many people use this film and slap it on without applying pressure to the whole surface area because it looks good straight away. This isn't the correct way of applying the film and you haven't applied anything as of yet. You've just floated the film onto the surface.

jc1cell

Pretty sure Avery states you need to apply roughly 6kg of squeegee pressure once the vinyl is on the surface to expel all the air beneath the vinyl.

One good tip to know if you've applied the film correctly is to lightly go over it with a heat gun. If you have bubbles appearing everywhere you haven't applied the correct pressure to apply the film to the surface.

Many people use this film and slap it on without applying pressure to the whole surface area because it looks good straight away. This isn't the correct way of applying the film and you haven't applied anything as of yet. You've just floated the film onto the surface.

This was my experience on some trailer wraps I did. I was provided the graphics printed on this material and if there wasn't enough pressure when originally squegeed over, then bubbles everywhere.

Heat gun tip is excellent. It's what i used during the install for the very reason mentioned.

jc

yep, we use this stuff too on vehicle digi prints, trailers etc...we don't do wraps. same as above, apply good even pressure, press out the bubbles(real easy to do) and then go over the print with a heat gun........job done.