• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

avery mpi 1005 smudge marks after print

projectneon

hey all,

i have been printing over night on avery mpi 1005, but when i un roll my job after print, all the prints have got smudge marks from pressing against the backing paper. i have tried different temps, changing the torque on the take up roll, and nothing is making a difference,

has anybody else had this issue?

i have no issue with any other media just this one,
not even lg does it!!!!!!!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That should help some. For what it's worth, we pretty much use the post heat at 50 (max) on our JV33 for almost everything. I want things as dried as possible when it is starting to get rolled up on the takeup. One thing you can run into regardless though, if it is a print with fairly heavy saturation and it is rolled, if the roll sits static without moving for quite some time you can get a repeating dull line across the print from it sitting under its own weight in one spot for so long. This is usually not a problem when the media is suspended by the core it is on while on the takeup. Never leave a printed roll sitting directly on a flat surface (table, shelf, etc) for any length of time - that puts a lot of pressure on the entire roll across one long line, always suspend rolls from their cores. Not as much of an issue on unprinted but that can still damage the roll.

Sounds like yours is happening on the printer while still suspended on the core on the takeup though. Only thing I can think to help that will be the maximize the drying before it gets rolled up as much as possible. If you are printing at high speeds you might even need to look into some aftermarket drier to place in front of the machine as it prints if the problem continues. Other things like good ventilation, stable temps, not overly high humidity will also help.

projectneon

it worked with the post heat at 50 over night!!!!
it would happen even after half an hour of being rolled up on the take up roll, i changed the torque a little bit on the clutch so it wouldn't roll up so tight as well!, i always have my post at 45 but i will definitely be printing at 50 from now on!

if i can i will take the media straight of after the print and leave it loosely coiled under a whirly bird fan to help suck the oxidants out. but it was a pain in the *** for over night printing!

thank you for advice mate!! appreciate it!!!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
No problem. Only other thing I can think of is that the ink load a little bit too high but you would have to modify the print profile to cut the ink limits which can be fiddly even with the right software and a colorimeter.

projectneon

you were right about the weight of the roll being to heavy, what was interesting is once it got around 20 m on the take up roll, i left it for maybe 20 mins came back laminated and at the very end of the print i started getting the smudge marks!

i think ill just stop using this avery and stick to what we already no