• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery / Mutoh Wrap Academy Class March 3-5th

phototec

Are you now a Avery Certified installer?

So I'm going to a wrap class headed by Justin Pate in Denison, TX next week. Looking forward to some professional guidance and honing of my skills. We've wrapped a few vehicles and miscellaneous items here, just never been completely satisfied with the execution and/or results.

Also, looks like my boss' tacked on the extra cash to get me Avery Certified. Searched through the forum and it appears that the word 'certification' alone tends to generate quite a bit of debate. I do not wish to weigh whether it's important or not, as I'm going to be tested either way. However does any have some pointers and/or helpful suggestions?

Hi Mike,

How did your certification training work out, are you now a Avery Certified installer after taking the training program?

:help

I emailed Justin to find out more info about this NEW Avery Certification, his answer is below:

Jon,

This program is a new one so Avery is catching up in terms of getting the information online and available. The test is made up of a written exam and 4 install tests. The written exam is 42 multiple choice and true/false questions. I tried to make the program thorough but not overly difficult like it is for the PDAA or 3M exam.

The workshop itself is basically the same as the one you took. Its the basic/intermediate with some advanced mixed in. The certification test is: wrap a hood, wrap two panels on a cargo van, wrap a door of a sedan including window perf and a cutting test. Not easy but not super hard either. As far as the written exam, Avery is finishing the content up. I don't have that file (I made the content but they have to get it approved by legal). Since the info for the written test isn't available it may be that people for this upcoming test will take it online. Let me know if you have any more questions.

J

mikey-Oh

Jon,

To be honest, I still don't know if I passed or not. We were the first group of applicants for this certification. I do know I need to get much faster at application. Supposed to find out the results sometime this week.
There's another class in Orlando that started on Monday. So the next set of exams should be tomorrow.