• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery "New" HP 750 opinions wanted

akuarela

Hi fellow Avery cut vinyl signers,
I am not too happy with the change of Avery HP700 (which was very similar to the older A6) vinyl to the "new and improved (supposedly)" HP750. I have been using the A6/700 for a loong time, like 13 years or so, and the reason I really like it is a) durability (our stuff will stay nice for a long time, some of you may think that is not such a good thing) - b) look - not shiny, I don't particularly like the look of the Oracal 651.
Now, so far, I've only bought a roll in white, and already the tone and shine factor are different. So, not sure what to expect of the other colors in the line. Interestingly, notice that Fellers is not carrying the line, at least not yet, so maybe they know something that we don't? Grimco is carrying the 750.
Regarding Avery, suffered a bit before with discontinued colors, that included some of my favorites, sniff...

Any thoughts/experience with the new stuff?

bigben

I've ordered 6 differents color so far. Even if the material have the same thickness, the new one seems ''stiffer''. It help alot for install without premask. As for the colors, they seems to be a bit less shinny than the previous version. Other than that, I did not notice a difference.

kaotic1

I know I'm responding in an old thread here but I have also been using the A6/700 for about 15 years and I can say 100% hate the new 750 series. I don't mind the new look of them but I am having major issues with installation. This stuff refuses to stick for me with wet application, I am finding myself taking 2-3x as long to complete a job while I stand around waiting for the adhesive to dry/adhere. Its driving me crazy and I am likely going to switch to Oracal because of it.

I was very surprised to see there weren't any other people commenting on this anywhere because it has become a major issue for me.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We have a few rolls of 950 and thinking of switching from 751 as it has been performing much better for us. We don't wet apply at all and the new adhesive seems very resistant to microbubbles.