• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery optically clear laminate issue

gabagoo

I had first ordered a roll of this laminate last fall and when there was about 5-8 yards left on the roll there were these continuosu tears or rips right about centre of the material all the way to the end. I threw the roll aside and figured this is an isolated incident. Today I am finishing a second roll of the same laminate and again at what looks like about 8 yards left the same thing is happening making the laminate useless. I am going to contact my rep, but wonder...there is no way I got two of these rolls 3 or 4 months apart and was the only person seeing this?

unclebun

We haven't had that problem, but we did get a roll that had dull marks at a certain point for 10 yards in. We called Grimco, they pro-rated the amount off the price of a replacement roll and picked up the bad one.

gabagoo

Oh I figured it out!!! not an Avery issue... I use an old Gerber double roller to pull the laminate off the roll for short runs and it seems to be somehow tearing the laminate, although I can't see how as they are rubber and it never happens on 3ml or 3m 2ml. That stuff must be awfully sensitive..