• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery (shudder) true shadow vinyl

Kottwitz-Graphics

I hate asking this, mainly because I hate Avery, but does anyone know of a replacement of the true shadow vinyl?

I'm looking for some for a project that I will be working on, and Avery has discontinued the material.

TIA,
Mark

iSign

Hey mark... whaddaya know.. been a while since we talked...

anyway, it's not the same by any means, but I just used some "shadowcast" foil on the gerber edge this morning... it's very subtle, which is probably why I still have it after all these years, but i did a double hit & got something I could use.

Anyway, if you or someone you know has an edge... it's the onkly suggestion I got, so there you have it :)

good luck!

SignosaurusRex

The alternative I know of is Oracal 8300 series #074 Middle Grey Transparent Cal.
Discontinued huh? Pis$er!!! I use quite a bit of it regularly.

Border

Anything Avery discontinues is ultimately a benefit to the world at large, in my opinion.
Still a pisser though, when it happens to be something you actually liked and used (with confidence that it wouldn't FAIL).

SignosaurusRex

Anything Avery discontinues is ultimately a benefit to the world at large, in my opinion.
Still a pisser though, when it happens to be something you actually liked and used (with confidence that it wouldn't FAIL).

Never once since it was introduced have I ever had a failure of the "True Shadow" film. It really is a pisser when something works well, only Avery has it and they discontinue it while nobody else offers it. Not the first nor second time this has happened to me concerning their products and large volume need. The list of discontinued product will only continue to grow. Yet another reason to not offer Avery products PERIOD!

Wiggum PI

excuse my ignorance, but what is this 'true shadow'? without googling, is it anything like the avery 'tattoo' film that they have?

Edit: after a couple more swigs of beer, I think it is the same stuff...

Bedlam

Look like "True Shadow" is still an item for Avery. It's in their latest product guide from 04.31.12. Most likely is going to be a special order for distributors.

Kottwitz-Graphics

Look like "True Shadow" is still an item for Avery. It's in their latest product guide from 04.31.12. Most likely is going to be a special order for distributors.

I don't use avery at all, so I don't keep up with their offerings. Hell, I'd be hard pressed to even lay my hands on a color chart, maybe in a junk box somewhere.

The oracal looks like it will work perfect. When my job comes to light, I've factored in to buy a 50 yard roll.