• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Supercast RS - Silver Metallic

J

john1

Hey guys, I have a customer with a mid 2000's box truck that wants the box changed from white to silver metallic.

I just did his transit which is silver and he really wants to match his small fleet.

I need to learn how to do flat panel wraps and i was wondering is the silver metallic wrapping cast harder to work with compared to non-metallic or is it all the same? I know cut vinyls vary as the metallics are thin but not sure about the wrapping vinyls.

I would have a guy help me out of course but just want to know what i'm getting into first. Gotta learn sometime and the customer knows this is my first attempt but is super cool and i have been with him since the start of his business as i did his logo, cards and truck lettering.

Thanks all!

LittleSnakey

Man, I thought I was gonna see you were from Niagara Falls, cause we just had a guy wanting the same exact thing. Once he got the quote he changed his mind.

J

john1

Man, I thought I was gonna see you were from Niagara Falls, cause we just had a guy wanting the same exact thing. Once he got the quote he changed his mind.

Haha, Nah this guys in Maryland and is a good customer of mine for years now.

Funny how things can make you think.."is he talking about my customer" lol

SignProPlus-Chip

Although I have had the stuff in my hands, I haven't actually used the Avery yet, but I have dealt with the Scotchprint wrap materials. They are a fairly similar product, both have a built in over-laminate, they are thin, and highly conformable. This job should be a breeze especially if it just going on flat panels.

You shouldn't have a thing to worry about, just post heat properly after applied around rivets etc... and you'll be good to go.