• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Supreme Wrap stretch?

the108thcreep

Hello! I could use some advice please. I have a job to wrap a truck hood with this material in matte black. I have 2yds. of 60" material. When laid out I am coming up short of having the material cover the rear most corner of the hood leaving an approx. 8" long and 1-1.5" (at the widest) triangle shape piece of the hood exposed. I am curious to know from people who are experienced with using this material if there is any sort of stretch/give with it that I may be able to accomplish the job correctly? Thanks for helping a newbie out!!

0igo

8in is a heck of a stretch and unless youre supper pro i wouldnt even do it. That much stretch will curl so fast on you.

I would just pin the center horizontally and evenly heat with a helper to stretch to the corner. Don't get to the end and try to stretch. it will discolor. Also if your using a torch do not let the flame get close to the material or it will turn gloss. take your time and heat the entire piece