• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Tattoo Vinyl

S'N'S

Was a bit bored yesterday(Sunday) so decided to play with the wife's car, she picked one of the designs I had done (naturally wasn't the one I liked) and I slapped it on. The Avery Tattoo vinyl feels different to normal vinyl (probably not) like a more thicker plasticy feel and is very sticky, so when applying, don't let it touch down anywhere you don't want it to stick. It stretches very easy, conforms to curves no problem, but attracts dust and lint like you wouldn't believe....I did it dry, but I think it may be one of those vinyls better off laid wet. Anyway I have put on the windows advertising for "Car Tattoos" and will leave it on for a few months to see if I sell any.

Attachments

• IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 69
  • s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 76

Tizz

Hey S'N'S, thanks for sharing. I like the outcome and have just read the PDS. I'm definitely gonna try this and get some on my next order from Spandex.
Cheers.

JJ_Holland

Looks great SNS, very nice car too!
Have you tried multiple layers to get extra tones or isn't that possible?

JJ

S'N'S

I have used window etch film which gives the same result.

SC

Originally bought this stuff to do a customers bike...until he crashed it.
The window etch is about 30-40% lighter and I was thinking of mixing with the Tattoo film on my bike, bike is painted with Harlequin so I'll have to do test peices and put it out it the sun to see how it looks.
JJ_Holland, yes you can layer for extra depth in colour, noticed that when I overlapped some pieces before cutting them off.
TIZZ, I think it's about $122 +gst for 10meters.
Good for drop shadows on cut lettering too.

JJ_Holland

Aklaim,
Avery Tattoo is also available in Europe, maybe it has a different name in the US? I know they do use different numbers for some of the products.
Isn't "Avery True Shadow" the same (type of) product?

trik

Long ago before we had a digital printer, we used window etch film on some designs for fade effects, it actually worked pretty well. Used it all the time for ghost flames on cars. Looks good, hope it works for you! good luck!

JJ_Holland

Trik, were you able to remove these designs without a big mess of glue? I can imagine that the adhesive film would not come of as easily because it was made for application on glass.
I ask because pricing of etch films is better than Tattoo film.