• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Translucent

We are printing a 3 color logo on Avery MPI 2050 from a Roland SP540V.

On the first print i did there is a wired irregular ghosting on the vinyl that shows through the print, its not finger prints or liquid stain. On the second print i still had the ghosting (looks almost like a residue but wont wipe clean) as well as small pin head sized white dots all over the print.

We have done our normal cleaning or the data stip and heads as well as checked the heat settings and print settings.

Has anyone had these problems before? I am assuming that the dots are just a error in the print settings or heat but the ghosting i think may be a vinyl defect.

Also tried to snap some pictures but you are unable to see the mistakes in a photo.

Thanks

Trevor

TheSnowman

I'd say the vinyl defect is a good guess. No vinyl is more popular for failure than Avery. I'd try another vinyl if you have ANYTHING else you could possibly print on. Do a search on Avery, and you'll know what I'm talking about.