Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avery Translucent

Discussion in 'Vinyl' started by KetchikanSignpro, Jan 4, 2010.

1. KetchikanSignpro

KetchikanSignpro Member

Sep 24, 2009
    We are printing a 3 color logo on Avery MPI 2050 from a Roland SP540V.

On the first print i did there is a wired irregular ghosting on the vinyl that shows through the print, its not finger prints or liquid stain. On the second print i still had the ghosting (looks almost like a residue but wont wipe clean) as well as small pin head sized white dots all over the print.

We have done our normal cleaning or the data stip and heads as well as checked the heat settings and print settings.

Has anyone had these problems before? I am assuming that the dots are just a error in the print settings or heat but the ghosting i think may be a vinyl defect.

Also tried to snap some pictures but you are unable to see the mistakes in a photo.

Thanks

Trevor

Tags:
  2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I'd say the vinyl defect is a good guess. No vinyl is more popular for failure than Avery. I'd try another vinyl if you have ANYTHING else you could possibly print on. Do a search on Avery, and you'll know what I'm talking about.