• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Vinyl 750 Hard to Weed with New Acrylic Adhesive

signsvisual

Has anyone experienced issues with the new avery vinyl 750 series. Its just harder on my plotter to cut correct enough so that it weeds properly. Seemingly because of this new acrylic adhesive technology behind the film. It feels very flimsy. Can anyone recommend better alternative standard vinyl brands that are better?

White Haus

Not a Newbie
I've found the 750 to be prefectly satisfactory, and find it to be easy to cut & weed.

Same here, I like it much better than 651 anyways.

When did they change the adhesive on 750? Was it when it went from 700 to 750 series a few years back?

Ronny Axelsson

FWIW, my experience with Avery vinyls is that they are generally more difficult to weed than other brands.
The adhesive starts to "self-heal" after a few minutes, which sometimes makes weeding of small parts a real pain.

I assume that since many users like their cut vinyls, it may be depending on the knife (Mimaki and Graphtec plotters here) or other cutting conditions, but I've tried everything and avoid Avery cut vinyls when possible nowadays.

RonnyCrack

FWIW, my experience with Avery vinyls is that they are generally more difficult to weed than other brands.
The adhesive starts to "self-heal" after a few minutes, which sometimes makes weeding of small parts a real pain.

I assume that since many users like their cut vinyls, it may be depending on the knife (Mimaki and Graphtec plotters here) or other cutting conditions, but I've tried everything and avoid Avery cut vinyls when possible nowadays.

What do you recommend? I've had trouble with avery, and now with HP in terms of the weeding. This stuff from signworld is awesome for weeding, but it's quite rigid, walks left and right and can cause ghosting and headstrikes even with my printhead all the way up. Also working on a mimaki.

Ronny Axelsson

What do you recommend?
Can't say I have any specific recommendations for you.
I live and work in Sweden and for the majority of my work I use calendered Image Perfect vinyls, they are very easy to weed and to work with in general, and durability is very good for being calendered vinyls.
They are sold here by Spandex and I believe they were at least partly developed by their Swedish predecessors Reklam & Dekor (R&D Spandex), but I'm not sure they can be obtained in the US.