• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Vinyl

3Dsigns

Does anyone love/hate Avery SC 900 vinyl? Grimco says it's rated 10-12 years. What do you think?
Thanks!!

ikarasu

We use it. Generally we use 3M cast, but theres certain Avery colors we use for our customers. It's great... It lasts just as long as 3M (At least, we've had no complaints). I still prefer 3M 71xx for cutting though... I don't like paper liners. As for durability, I trust it as much as I trust 3M. Never had an early failure on it yet.

Chasez

We use the Avery here and don't have issues with it. Will stand up as well as 3M here.. we have harsh cold winters and it holds up. Typically will use 3M unless they don't have the colour.

Chaz

Bleemus

We use it. Generally we use 3M cast, but theres certain Avery colors we use for our customers. It's great... It lasts just as long as 3M (At least, we've had no complaints). I still prefer 3M 71xx for cutting though... I don't like paper liners. As for durability, I trust it as much as I trust 3M. Never had an early failure on it yet.
I don't like paper liners but can't find 71xx series vinyl with it. I pay more and get the 7725. Would love to find a reliable source for 71xx with the plastic liner.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

ikarasu

I don't like paper liners but can't find 71xx series vinyl with it. I pay more and get the 7725. Would love to find a reliable source for 71xx with the plastic liner.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
You're right, we use 77 series, slip of the mind!

Paper is ok, except for really small letters for us. We just had a job where we had to print small text and apply it to 20 boxes... Our options were spend an extra few hours weeding, or cut a little deeper so we can just tear the vinyl off without losing text... And have the backing paper stick to some of the letters.

With 3M, we can cut a bit deeper to make sure we can do a tear, and it won't harm the plastic liner at all. Worth the extra price to me.

Brands Imaging

we just ordered 10 rolls of it for a specific color for a client - is super this and hard to weed in a cold shop but its a fine material.

gabagoo

I ordered 10 yards of olympic blue 3M from my supplier but they gave me Avery. The weeding was terrible and many letters got ripped or lifted as I went. I have never been a fan of Avery vinyl 2ml or 3 ml, and as others have said...I use it out of necessity