• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery wrap laminate dol1060 vs dol1360?

gabagoo

I want to buy a bundle of Avery wrap film, but the seller says there are 2 laminates available...a 2.1 ml and a 1.5 ml. The thinner laminate is $50 cheaper but she says it is used for more complex curves.... I then asked, so why is it cheaper and why would anyone buy the thicker lam for more money.... naturally she had no clue and I told her I would call her back. So whats the deal on these 2 lams? Which one should I stock?

genericname

Durability, I'd say. They're both permanent cast overlams. Thickness seems to be the only difference.

Edit: Oh weird, my product book also states DOL1060 has a gloss finish, while DOL1360 has a *high* gloss finish. Probably just someone forgot to highlight the right thing before copy-pasting though.

Edit edit: Aaaaand I have the thinner of the two listed at nearly twice the price of the thicker one? Snatch that roll up!

300mphGraphics

We've just switched to the 1360, and it is beautiful! Looks a little strange without the white backing paper at first, I thought it looked kind of yellow, but once it comes off their backing material lays on, wow! Another thing I really like about the thinner material is printed and die cut graphics come out much cleaner and weed easier. So, we're stocking the 1360. Oh, and the 1360 is what we learned and practiced with at the Justin Pate class. We used it on panel vans and wrap around bumpers. Great stuff.

gabagoo

1360 rated at 4 years 1060 at 5 there is a 1460 available too but it does not come as a bundle package from my dealers.....

Baz

If you are doing full wraps ... The thin laminate is awesome to work with. It stretches like a son of a b...

But if you do partial wraps more than full (that's what i do). The thicker material cuts allot nicer. The thin stuff is to rubbery to make nice cuts. You can still do full wraps no problem with the thicker material.

Filmpro

Both films are made from the same formulation so the only difference is the amount of vinyl you are buying. It is most probably the same film as used for transparents in the other cast-series (at least that is the case in Europe), only a difference in thickness.
The 4 years durability compared to 5 for the 2,1 mil version is artificial (Marketing). The same film (maybe a slíghtly different adhesive and liner) has a 10 year durability in the 900 Super Cast series.
So the lower price is simply due to the fact that you are buying 40% less film (which by the way means that Avery can produce faster which also brings a cost saving). That's how it works ....