• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery wrapping film any good?

quicksigns

Avery wrap material still crappy or have they gotten better? I like a color that they have that I don't see with 3m or Oracal, but am too afraid to buy material that won't last or hard to install.

quicksigns

I've used a sample of Arlon on my roof, and it took a while to try to take it off to readjust it. Hopefully Avery isn't the same.

slappy

I had to order a 8" roll of avery supreme wrap in.
I went with avery because of the size and the company i ordered it from had a slitter to cut it in half for a vehicle i needed it for and that was the only vinyl that they had access to.

I liked how it went on, but my only complaint is that they still tape rolls of material together.

So i'm doing a 4" pinstripe on a truck and low and behold, there is a piece of masking tape holding one piece of material to the other. You pay to have one solid piece on 50' length. Not multiple pieces stitched together with band aid together where they fill like it to make it 50' roll. Those should be discounted or be considered refurbished or something with those.

I used to hate ordering in avery back in the day. If i was plotting something and hit that tape and wasn't paying attention, it would get sucked under my ruler bar to my plotter and then i'd have to clean it out. So i will just stick to other brands. IMO, not worth it.

I wasted about 10' of that roll too because that slit fell on the bed of the truck i was doing and i wasn't going to have a slit in the middle of it of overlapped materials. I was po'd.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
All we use is 1005ez rs. Initial tack is low and easy to apply. Tried Oracal, 3M, Arlon, etc. All seem to have a more aggressive initial tack. We heat set / polish the whole wrap before it leaves. I love the stuff.