• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AVERY! You all warned me!

ironchef

I recently took justins class, and loved it, he tells it like it is, the good and the bad. Big thumbs up over here, cant wait till the next class

ProWraps

used avery once.

wouldnt stick on install, and wouldnt come off on removal. completely whacked out. never used it again. and this was the new stuff.

HulkSmash

MH - Needless to say I'm sorry that you had these issues with Avery film, especially right after taking the workshop. Based on everything posted so far, I am inclined to agree with Jerry concerning the laminating process and solvent inks. I'm guessing if that was the case then Avery tested your sample using the standard cold lam process and that's why they found nothing wrong. I readily admit I was less than thrilled with Avery for several years based on what happened to their 1005 EZ many years ago. I vowed never to touch their stuff but came around based on the product they have now, the quality control and the follow up they have if something goes wrong. I would suggest you send Linda another e-mail about what happened so she can put you in touch with the tech reps in your area. I would think they can schedule a time to come in and see the product and also give an overview to the printing/lam process to see if everything is in order. If you don't hear from her by Friday send me an e-mail (you should have it from the workshop) and I'll contact the reps in your area so they can follow up. I think its important to point out that for the first few years I taught the hands-on workshops for Mutoh there was no sponsor for the films. in 2010, they asked who should sponsor the entire year and I chose Avery over the other brands. I did so because I truly feel that the 1005 EZRS and 1360 DOL combo is tough to beat in terms of quality of print, ease of install and price point. In Europe I work for 3M and in Brazil for a private film manufacturer called Alltak so I'm certainly not beholden to Avery. Yes, they do pay some of my bills but I represent them first and foremost because I believe in the product. Again, that all said, sorry that you had any issues at all but I think they can be solved in short order. I hope all is well on your end otherwise.
Justin

Justin, it's not the heat reacting the with ink. it's an obvious lamination issue.
Most heat assist lam won't heat up enough to cause this issue.

Avery has had problems for years with moddeling lam. I've always had no issues replacing rolls. We have not been using them must lately because about 50% of my rolls would come in defective, and I don't have time for that.

JS

Thats what credit cards are for

I just had a purchase from Fellers. 3rd party ink from solaris. Ink failed and would not print correctly. The person on the phone assured me they were plug and play. She assured me they work exactly the same as other ink. She assured me there is no new profiles needed. After starting to use the new ink me prints became really bad. I was getting over spray on all prints. I spent hours cleaning machines and changing cap tops. Finally speaking to Roland they asked if I had 3rd party ink. He immediately said that was the problem. I flushed and switched back. Problem solved. I called Fellers to refund my money. They said they don't deal with Solaris ink problems and I had to contact Solaris directly. I called and emailed several times and NEVER heard back. I called Fellers again and got no where. I called my credit card company and with-in 24 hours money was returned. This just happened this week. When I buy something and resell it like vinyl or LED lights, my customer comes to me to fix it. I expect Fellers to do the same. If they won't I always know my credit card company will support me. Shame on Fellers for being so stingy.

mudmedia

never had any problem with fellers here. They fix any issues we have no questions asked. They make sure we get product the next day and get any issues resolved. I am sure most will say the same IMO Fellers is top notch.

belfring

What over lam was is it? dol 1360, 1460 or 1560?
run into a problem with the 1460 that was put on print from a high solvent printer that had a yellowing effect after lamination.
Easy to blame avery but the other known brands have they're own set of issues too.

I will never use Avery products again due to a nightmare of failures in the same time period someone else referenced - 2004? I think? Anyways, numerous jobs had to be redone due to massive shrinkage - with faith lost and disappointed customers. I did eventually succeed in getting my claim met with an Avery rep but it was months later with a very insistent follow up on my part - never, ever again - Avery sucks!

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Had same "mottle" on all 3M, Oraguard, and Avery Laminates. Usually toward the end or beginning of rolls.
The last time it happened, an Avery rep happened to come by the next day. He saw it on the final laminated print as well as the lam before applied to more prints.
He took one with him for a sample but...on the spot ordered me a brand new roll free of charge for the hassle and wasted vinyl.
Customer service can't get better than that.