Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVG gremlins or ghost in the machine?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by AUTO-FX, Jan 25, 2011.

1. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    I have been having a power struggle between AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials, so I decided to get rid of them both and try something else. The microsoft program uninstalled clean, but AVG refuses to leave. Every time I reboot, AVG magically turns itself back on. WTF? It is non functional at this point. I attempted to manually delete and I was denied.
    AVG Gremlins?
    :guido:

Tags:
  2. tcorn1965

tcorn1965 Very Active Member

Nov 3, 2009
    I have had to use this when it has happened to me

http://www.avg.com/us-en/download-tools

Good luck,
    Terry

3. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Oh hey, thanks! I like how they hid that in "download tools" .
    I had to reinstall / reboot twice to make AVG run again. I couldnt get rid of it and then i thought i wasnt going to be able to restore it either, sheesh.
    Supposedly, Microsoft and AVG have conflicts while running simultaneuosly, and it had slowed my computer down dramatically.
    I know there was a thread about virus software recently - i think it was Jill's debacle - one of these programs was not a resources hog like the others.

Thanks again Terry

-Chris LT