• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AVG gremlins or ghost in the machine?

AUTO-FX

I have been having a power struggle between AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials, so I decided to get rid of them both and try something else. The microsoft program uninstalled clean, but AVG refuses to leave. Every time I reboot, AVG magically turns itself back on. WTF? It is non functional at this point. I attempted to manually delete and I was denied.
AVG Gremlins?
:guido:

tcorn1965

I have been having a power struggle between AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials, so I decided to get rid of them both and try something else. The microsoft program uninstalled clean, but AVG refuses to leave. Every time I reboot, AVG magically turns itself back on. WTF? It is non functional at this point. I attempted to manually delete and I was denied.
AVG Gremlins?
:guido:

I have had to use this when it has happened to me

http://www.avg.com/us-en/download-tools

Good luck,
Terry

AUTO-FX

Oh hey, thanks! I like how they hid that in "download tools" .
I had to reinstall / reboot twice to make AVG run again. I couldnt get rid of it and then i thought i wasnt going to be able to restore it either, sheesh.
Supposedly, Microsoft and AVG have conflicts while running simultaneuosly, and it had slowed my computer down dramatically.
I know there was a thread about virus software recently - i think it was Jill's debacle - one of these programs was not a resources hog like the others.

Thanks again Terry

-Chris LT