• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Awful color from Illustrator

deegrafix

I admit, Illustrator hates me and I have issues with IT! I can't seem to speak it's language.....

Anyway, I have great art made in photoshop: the colors pop on the prints, it's beautiful. I have to put them through Illy to get a cut line on them, and then the color on the print is dark and dreadful. I've tried to set Illy on both rgb and cmyk but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Can anyone recommend the correct settings in Illustrator to get the same color output?

Rooster

You need to have the same color settings in both applications and make sure you're telling the software to recognize embedded profiles.

If you open bridge, you can change the color setting for all your creative suite applications in one place.

deegrafix

I had the color settings the same, and will try the embedded profile instead of working space.... thanks! I'm sure it's something simple.... (If only I knew)