Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B-52 flyover in the Rose Parade

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by binki, Jan 1, 2013.

1. binki

binki Premium Subscriber

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    The best part of living here is we are in the flight path for flyovers for the Rose Parade, Rose Bowl, and California speedway. We get the best view of military planes on low passes. Also, while they are waiting to hit their time at the speedway they often circle over the house and do some cool maneuvers.

Tags:
  2. sardocs

sardocs Active Member

Jun 17, 2005
    pender harbour bc
    This aircraft is owned by an oldtimer who lives nearby and can be regularly seen flying over my house in the summer, at what looks like 25 miles an hour. It's really cool to watch and hear the sound of that big motor.

Attached Files:

3. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

i was in the air force 1965-73, SAC. spent many a day/nite up close and personal with B-52G's. to put a full load of fuel on one of them, 160,000 gal. takes 3-4 hours.
    i now live in the fight path of BLUE ANGLES, pensacola naval air station!!!!!!!! have the big CH-53 choppers going over, AH-64's even FAT ALBERT has went over rthe house.

4. lenwardus

lenwardus Member

Aug 28, 2011
    B-52 or B-2 flyover?
    I heard on the news there was a surprise flyover by a B-2 stealth bomber.
    Wow, that would be a site to see a BUFF flying low level over Pasadena.

B-2 Stealth Bomber Fly-over Rose Parade 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3YuVqdvSbI

5. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Those flyovers are pretty neat.
    A little less impressive when they are happening after midnight and you are trying to get enough sleep to get up for work the next day.

Crew chief in the white is my father - late 50s early 1960s

wayne k
    guam usa

Attached Files:

• Crew.jpg
      Crew.jpg
      File size:
      350.1 KB
      Views:
  6. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
  7. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    I saw that plane several years ago, and had the same feeling I had when watching the youtube video. It just sends chills down my spine. What hit me at the time, when I saw it first, was that it's an old airframe now. I would LOVE to see what we have now that we don't know about. If the things we see now that are awe inspiring, can you imagine what we have that's not 25 years old? :)

I can't believe that's a 25 year old design. I want to see what's flying it's maiden flight this year :)

8. binki

binki Premium Subscriber

Jul 23, 2007
    The PRC
    sorry, B2. It also did a flyover at the rose bowl. I used to watch the B-52's doing manuvers at Norton AFB before it closed down.

9. lenwardus

lenwardus Member

Aug 28, 2011
  10. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    It's only the second day of the new year and already there's a contender for the annual Most Inane Manifestation of Political Correctness competition.

11. Si Allen

Si Allen Very Active Member

Jul 17, 2004
    :goodpost:

12. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    It's only the second day of the new year and already there's been three killings in my area. Just heard it on the news this morning. The local prosecutor said, when there are 3 killings in a week, that's enough to send chills up anyone's spine.

13. lenwardus

lenwardus Member

Aug 28, 2011
    I'M NOT FONDA JANE:clapping:

14. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    times like this make me wish the anti-swearing software wasn't on this site...

15. phototec

phototec Very Active Member

May 23, 2008
    Belton
    The Boeing B-52 Stratofortress is a long-range, subsonic, jet-powered, strategic bomber operated by the United States Air Force (USAF) since 1955. The B-52 also carries the largest assortment of weapons of any aircraft in the U.S. inventory. In January 2005, the B-52 became the second aircraft, after the English Electric Canberra, to mark 50 years of continuous service with its original primary operator, and the USAF intends to keep the B-52H in service until at least 2040, nearly 80 years after production ended. Now that's gett your $ worth...

:thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT0J2qccUA4