• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

B-52 flyover in the Rose Parade

binki

The best part of living here is we are in the flight path for flyovers for the Rose Parade, Rose Bowl, and California speedway. We get the best view of military planes on low passes. Also, while they are waiting to hit their time at the speedway they often circle over the house and do some cool maneuvers.

sardocs

This aircraft is owned by an oldtimer who lives nearby and can be regularly seen flying over my house in the summer, at what looks like 25 miles an hour. It's really cool to watch and hear the sound of that big motor.

Attachments

• 3725153618_4ce542993f_z.jpg
    3725153618_4ce542993f_z.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 350215879_00517a5793_z.jpg
    350215879_00517a5793_z.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 64

OldPaint

i was in the air force 1965-73, SAC. spent many a day/nite up close and personal with B-52G's. to put a full load of fuel on one of them, 160,000 gal. takes 3-4 hours.
i now live in the fight path of BLUE ANGLES, pensacola naval air station!!!!!!!! have the big CH-53 choppers going over, AH-64's even FAT ALBERT has went over rthe house.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Those flyovers are pretty neat.
A little less impressive when they are happening after midnight and you are trying to get enough sleep to get up for work the next day.

Crew chief in the white is my father - late 50s early 1960s

wayne k
guam usa

Attachments

• Crew.jpg
    Crew.jpg
    350.1 KB · Views: 82

CES020

I saw that plane several years ago, and had the same feeling I had when watching the youtube video. It just sends chills down my spine. What hit me at the time, when I saw it first, was that it's an old airframe now. I would LOVE to see what we have now that we don't know about. If the things we see now that are awe inspiring, can you imagine what we have that's not 25 years old? :)

I can't believe that's a 25 year old design. I want to see what's flying it's maiden flight this year :)

binki

sorry, B2. It also did a flyover at the rose bowl. I used to watch the B-52's doing manuvers at Norton AFB before it closed down.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
There's a large population of asians that live around the rose parade area.
The sight of a b52 might not be a good idea...]

It's only the second day of the new year and already there's a contender for the annual Most Inane Manifestation of Political Correctness competition.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It's only the second day of the new year and already there's a contender for the annual Most Inane Manifestation of Political Correctness competition.

It's only the second day of the new year and already there's been three killings in my area. Just heard it on the news this morning. The local prosecutor said, when there are 3 killings in a week, that's enough to send chills up anyone's spine.

Marlene

There's a large population of asians that live around the rose parade area.
The sight of a b52 might not be a good idea.

times like this make me wish the anti-swearing software wasn't on this site...

phototec

The Boeing B-52 Stratofortress is a long-range, subsonic, jet-powered, strategic bomber operated by the United States Air Force (USAF) since 1955. The B-52 also carries the largest assortment of weapons of any aircraft in the U.S. inventory. In January 2005, the B-52 became the second aircraft, after the English Electric Canberra, to mark 50 years of continuous service with its original primary operator, and the USAF intends to keep the B-52H in service until at least 2040, nearly 80 years after production ended. Now that's gett your $ worth...

:thumb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT0J2qccUA4