• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

B09 vs B15 Graphtec blade and blade holder differences?

Firemalt

Still new to the world of Graphtec and their products... please excuse my lack of experience.

With the purchase of my CE5000, I recieved a $100 credit to their online store. I was toying with the idea of getting an extra blade holder, so I don't have to jack around with blade adjustments when switching between 45 and 60 degree blades.

Anywho... To the purpose of this thread. Could someone explain the differences between the B09 and the B15 blades and blade holders... and what the advantages and/or disadvantages are for each one.

Thanks a ton!!
Tim

rcook99

Not a 100% sure but I believe the main difference is the thickness of the blade it holds. Your CE 5000 probably is using the Blue B09 which is a 0.9mm blade. The Red holds a 1.5mm blade.

Firemalt

With that being said, I guess it's safe to say that the B15 blades are for thicker materials as paint masking, etc.

Last edited:

jiarby

I use my blue blade holder for the 45° blade and the red holder for the 60° blade.

I think the beefier blade makes the `60's tip last longer. As the blade tapers there is more metal behind the cutting edge because the diameter is bigger.

A `60 CB15 will last longer than a 60° CB09.

PLUS you don't have to dork with adjusting the blade depth between the 60 & the 45 like you do if you are sharing a holder. Get a dedicated holder for each blade type that you use.

Oh yeah... call Ross at Clean Cut Blades!