• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Back after a break - need specific help...

Circleville Signs

Hey everyone! Long time - no type :)

Been away from the site for a while - just been too busy to devote much time here...Hopefully that will change soon.

In any event, I'm hoping that you smart people can give me a solution - i want to make sure I'm doing this right.

Long story short - i have a 5'x10' Alumacor sign, and a section needs to have mutual letter track installed. This sign is going to be up in the air for quite a while.

In the past I have used either VHB tape or Gorilla Glue to attach this stuff - but I wanted to get opinions. Should I also drill through and tack screw them to the face in addition to the VHB?

Any other advice would be appreciated!

Gary

OldPaint

if you go the POP RIVET route, make sure you get the right LENGTH of rivet for the alumicore and other metal to be attached.

Circleville Signs

Yep OP. Thanks for the input folks. Just riviting through plastic lettering channel and .020 aluminum face of the alumacor.

I think I've got it figured out - i'll post pics when I'm done :)