Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back in the biz.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by uneedasign, Jun 25, 2005.

1. uneedasign

uneedasign Active Member

Jun 24, 2005
    Palm Desert CA
    Hello all. I have been looking at signs 101 for a few months and I must say I really like the comunity feeling. I was in the traffic sign business for about 16 years. I got burnt and tried my hand at being a construction superintendant for a few years. But now I am back in the biz, and though much has changed, much is still the same. (except for the old gerber supersprint I use to use) My main customer base seems to be construction vehicles & equipment. Bla Bla I am talking too much. Glad to be a member, and I am sure I will come up with a thought pravoking question soon. ( I have included a pic of one of my first jobs, hope you like) Hay where is the spell check button?
    :thankyou:

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    Welcome to the boards. thanx for the nice comments. Glad to see you got the activation figured out.

Nice looking job.

Believe it or not the forum software used to have a spell checker. For whatever reason, according the the publisher, it caused a lot of crahes and conflicts so they discontinued it. I use Dictionary.com which is tied into my Firefox browser for spell checking. I just highlight a word, right click and Dictionary.com will look it up.

3. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Fred are you using a toolbar for this such as dictionary.com toolbar? I use Firefox myself however if I right click on a highlighted word I do not have an option to check spelling. Wondering how to set mine up for this. Thanks

4. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    :Welcome:

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    It's an extension for FireFox that you can download/install from this page:

Dictionary Search Extension

When you click the Install icon, it acts like it isn't doing anything because the file is only 60K. After you install it, highlight any word on a web page and right click it. The menu should include a choice the says Dictionary Search for xxx. Clicking it should launch Dictionary.com in a new tab and show the results of a search on the highlighted word.

6. Dennis Raap

Dennis Raap Active Member

Oct 5, 2003
    USA
    Thanks Fred just got it.

7. gROUND cHUCK

gROUND cHUCK Member

Jun 10, 2005
  8. marty whiteside

marty whiteside Member

May 8, 2005
    :Welcome: picture looks great