• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Back in the saddle again!

RandyToons

Hello All!...I just found this useful site a couple days ago and found some very helpful information. Wow! this is great. I started my sign painting career over 30+ years ago but have spent most of the last 15 yrs or so as a graphic designer in an agency. I just dusted of an old plotter I had and hooked it up to one of these new computers (quite the challenge) and off I go. I'm back and look forward to reading some of your posts here and updating my brain some.
Thanks in advance,
Randy
Poulsbo, Wa

Mainframe

Welcome from PA, glad to have the real sign makers around here not just us imitation flavor vector hacks!

RandyToons

Thanks Bob & MainFrame...@SignosaurusRex... I letter and flame a D-Derby car for a fellow over here once a year and an occasional sign maybe once a year. I have only 3 brushes right now (picked them up about 3yrs ago)...a flat, 10 and a 4. It was interesting picking the brushes ip at NW Sign Supply and taking them out on a job. Just like riding a bike...it was great. In fact I don't think I shook as much even though I'm older now. I'm looking to get a new kit and some brushes as soon as I get everything else set up. In fact I was going through my old stuff and found 5 books of gold...HaHa!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Welcome aboard what I'm sure you'll find to be the finest forum around staffed by the finest people online.

I recently dusted off my sign painting career and am amazed at the volume of work I am picking up. Since I am permanently retired on a disability I look at the sign painting as a micro business. 2-500 bux per job adds up to a great living for me and gives me endless hours of pure enjoyment as I get into the zone and don't even notice hours passing. I need my sign painting fix regularly. Again, welcome aboard!!!

Spud Murphy

Welcome Randy. If I wasn't such a newbie myself I'd give you a big hug. A man hug...patting you on the back at the same time.

RandyToons

Thanks everyone...I'm hoping to be in here more often after I get this business on the ground. If that ever happens. I'm currently working on a great design job, coming up with marketing material for myself (business cards, brochures, web site and naming)also setting up the plotter and woodworking side for my brother who will be joining me. So I'm sitting here at 10:30 pm working on my design project and getting ready to hit the sack to get an early start tomorrow. Oh did I tell ya...my dear sis is going to do the books. I really have a good feelin' about this. Good night =)

Jillbeans

Welcome from PA.
I'd suggest keeping your brush skills up as well as relearning your plotter.
I try to do as many hand painted signs and elements as the public will allow.
Love....Jill