• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Back in the saddle

Shadowglen

Well to Start off I look forward to Learning from all of you and hopefully will be able to share some old nuggets of info and tips from my past experience. I started and ran a sign shop from 1996 until 2004. We did everything from small banners and boat decals to medium sized box signs. We had a bucket truck to do service work with. Everything was plotter cut vinyl and application tape. In the very beginning We dabbled first with the original color cam pnc 5000 retired that one after 2 years and moved to larger plotters and had a short stint with a pnc600 before selling off the sign shop due to other areas of our business needing attention. Our main business has always been Advertising specialties. We also have a custom framing and matting business along with a laser engraving operation. Well after years of sending people to other sign shops and constantly hearing how these shops were so busy that they can’t keep up I decided it was time to dip back into the pool. I plan on being more selective on the jobs I take not getting in over my head like the first time and learning to say that ever elusive word “NO”. I just purchased a Roland SP-540-I a Seal El 54 laminator and a small 24 “ plotter to do the small stuff. I am new to the solvent printing so I am ready to learn.

Shadowglen

Thank you all for welcoming me in. I have been exploring the message board and have already found several answers to my questions. But there are still many questions. more haha.

SD&F

Howdie from North Georgia....I will be visiting my Great State of Texas in a week.
Missin' home.