Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Back-Layed graphics on Clear Acrylic

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by bleuenberger, Aug 30, 2018.

1. bleuenberger

bleuenberger Owner

Dec 20, 2013
    Tomball, Texas
    What materials are you guys using for back-layed graphic on Clear acrylic? Are you using Poster material with an optically clear adhesive laminate?

I'd love to hear what others are using.

Tags:
  2. eahicks

eahicks Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks

Apr 17, 2012
    DALLAS, TEXAS
    We print on clear, reverse image. Back with white vinyl. Mount to acrylic. Most will get another layer of black or other blockout vinyl so nothing shows through (most whites are pretty translucent.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Flood it with screen ink or spray paint. Not a rattle can.... a real sprayer. Ya want paint on there, not hair spray.

4. AaronSSsignsKC

AaronSSsignsKC Member

Aug 11, 2014
    kansas city
    Agree with both responses, print on clear and either flood coat with white out of an HPLV gun or back with white vinyl to rich up the colors of the clear

5. ams

ams Very Active Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Virginia
    If you print on clear without white ink, but then back it with white, will it still be visible?

6. SightLine

SightLine Very Active Member

Yes, very visible and second surface graphics on acrylic look great!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JHeard

JHeard Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Georgia
    I've printed on clear and backed with white, but I prefer non-adhesive photo paper laminated with double sided optically clear mounting film. It just looks better, crisper, more vibrant to me that way. Some say they can't see much of a difference, but if you put them side-by-side I can definitely tell. There's more room for error with the mounting film, but IMO it looks finished in a more professional way.