• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Back of fire truck

klingsdesigns

Where do I get this material?

Attachments

• reflective.JPG
    reflective.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 56

Auburnpeanut

Depending on the city regulations, it might be either engineer grade reflective or high intensity prismatic reflective vinyl. You can get both from most distributors.

letterman7

It's usually reflective.
You cut the strips and stick it on

It's always reflective, and usually DG3 material. If it's a new truck it'll come from the factory that way. If it's a retrofit, you'll need to find out from the department what level reflective they are required to have in your area. DG3, I think, is now nationally required, or an equivalent product (like Reflexite). Lots of vendors out there selling "pre-cut" kits of chevron material with a solid sheet underneath the striping.

rdm01

Make sure you use the proper grade of reflective, and cut out the strips. Grimco has a wide variety of reflective.
Ryan

CreatedDesigns

We just got a new truck and it is printed and not strips. On that note I say it would look nicer if it were done with strips.

visual800

I would contact http://www.vinylgraphics.net/, we have sed them a number of time AWESOME work these guys do.

As far as that Chevron Design on the truck I would have that printed, Ill be damned if someone sat there and peice by peice that image, thats not good sense when that thing can be printed

Dovette

3M 983 Series

3M offers the 983 "Diamond Grade Conspicuity Markings". It's got that prismatic reflective look on it. They come in 2",3",4" and 6"x50yds rolls. 14 mil-16 mil thick. Comes in White, Fluorescent Yellow, Fluorescent Yellow-Green, Yellow, and Red. It's got a pressure sensitive adhesive on it--pretty cool stuff, in my opinion.
FDC offers it, too.