Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backdrop banners?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by IGD, Nov 24, 2012.

1. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    I know alot of club owners/club promoters and alot of them are asking about the backdrop canvas/banner not sure what its really called, was wondering anyone knew a good place i could outsource to that could do something that size for a good price? something like this. and im sorry if this isnt the right section, wasnt too sure where to post it...

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. thmooch

thmooch Active Member

Mar 13, 2007
    sc
    Fellers has the stand. Check the Merchant section for a supplier for the printed banner. Pole pocket top and bottom.

3. mnapuran

mnapuran Active Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Plano (Dallas), TX
    We do these.... Heck, I'd say most of the time we do them in-house on 54" banner scrim and seam them together to make either 8' or 9' tall (typically 8-10' wide). Never had a complaint on them either.

We did 2 of them week before last for a formal event last Saturday evening...

Attached Files:

• BD1.jpg
      BD1.jpg
      File size:
      80.4 KB
      Views:
    • BD2.jpg
      BD2.jpg
      File size:
      63.7 KB
      Views:
    • bd3.jpg
      bd3.jpg
      File size:
      60.5 KB
      Views:
  4. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

i make these too on my 48" printer. print on 2 8x4 matte banners and put them side by side.

5. john1

john1 Guest

Yeah matte banner material works good.

Have never had a order go through for these though, Everyone thinks they should be like $10

6. WYLDGFI

WYLDGFI Active Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Linden, NJ
    Research BN or JN 5 along with extension kits for those. They work great....reasonably priced. Typically do Pole pockets on them top and bottom Seaming doesnt look horrible but we do loads of prints for these on 13oz matte. Typically dead flat material we stock in 98 or 126 in widths.

7. signs2trade

signs2trade Active Member

We make these on a daily basis. We also sell the stand. We make these in one piece up to 10' wide.
    Keith
    Signs2Trade...

8. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    i registered with you, I will be trying your services soon. thanks

9. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    also I live in the woodlands, how far down 45 are you?

10. john1

john1 Guest

Yeah rub it in you guys sell these on a daily basis lol

11. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    That photographer sure has a long lens to shoot someone only 3 feet away....

wayne k
    guam usa

12. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    lol well they are basically in the same nieghborhood is why

13. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    hahaha i was thinking the same thing , i just grabbed a random pic from google to show an example

14. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    well these guys have money and they have been paying way too much in my opinion, im not gonna specify on price but I know one of them payed well over what its worth

15. jkdbjj

jkdbjj Active Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Virginia
    Ideally this need to be on fabric not matte banner material. Too many people are peddling matte banner material. These look like crap when photographed, there is still a glare, and they are a ***** to store and transport. The fabric versions however, is easy to store and transport can be resued, washed and stored over and over. They cost more, but educating the customer makes it an easy sell.
    Just my 2 cents.

16. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    the ones i always see are like the vinyl, but where do you get the fabic ones printed at that big?

17. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Member

May 13, 2012
    yeah.......hehehe

70-200 canon

head shot...lol

18. signs2trade

signs2trade Active Member

LOL....Might not sell one everyday but we do sell them on a weekly basis.....Have probably only sold 15 or so this month.....We can print the step and repeat banners and finish them with heat welded pole pockets, sewn pole pockets, taped pockets or grommets depending on your application.....
    When ordering a step and repeat for a pole let us know what size the pole is so we know how big to make the pocket.The most popular sizes are 8' x 8' step and repeats, 8' x 10' backdrops and 8' x 12' large repeat banners. Signs2Trade can print your Step and Repeat Banner in full, digital color at any size up to 10 feet wide by up to 50 feet in length on a variety of materials including vinyl material and wind resistant mesh.

:pops:

19. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Yeah ive checked your site and you have great prices and ive seen some customer shout outs about your business, and also your in the same city so im pretty sure ill have alot of future business with you

20. IGD

IGD Member

Nov 19, 2012
    $600 for a 8'x8' and with a simple pattern, is too much.

21. signworldusinc

signworldusinc Merchant Member

May 16, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    $600 is a lot for something that size. We carry the 8' X 8" stands for just $99.

22. 401Graphics

401Graphics Very Active Member

This is matte banner. one pic shows a straight on shot with flash on camera, and the glare is just barely noticeable.

Attached Files: