• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backilit on Mutoh 1604

HaroldDesign

Ran 3648 Optilux ad backed Window Film and it shows banding, but it's inconsistent. PF Adjust is dead on. Heat issue? Better material to use?

randya

Profile, profile, profile?

Was this double strike?
What was the wait time between passes?
Print head travel 'Data' or 'Machine'?

And how is it 'inconsistant'?

HaroldDesign

Not double strike, Bi-lateral, 0 wait, 8 pass, scanning data width.
It's inconsistent in an odd way. It comes and goes within the same lateral pass. At times the color is solid in the middle and the wave is visible toward the edges, and then 6" into the print it's the opposite, and then not at all. Must be the material, as I haven't had anything like this happen on anything else. I think I should probably turn the heaters completely off. Maybe it's the ad backer flexing just enough under any heat. The job went out and the customer didn't even notice, but I noticed and I'm picky. I'm going to have to run this stuff again for the same customer, but I'm out of the material. When the next roll comes in I'm not going to have much time to mess around so I'm looking for any suggestions so I don't stand there scratching my head.

randya

That does sound more like media/heater/feed.

On coated media, we usually do a double strike to get density with a wait time of about 2.5 seconds per pass to let the ink dry and the coating to harden up a bit.

The coating can be softed up by the eco ink and need a bit of time to reset.

Temps on polyester can make it warp as well, and be a bit difficult to see.

HaroldDesign

Thanks! I got it to work a lot better by just removing all heat in the user - I'm going to try the double strike since it does have a rather "washed" look about it.