• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Backing up X-8 before the 20th questions.

Jim Hill

I have made the choice to stay with X-8 and not upgrade to the monthly subscription version.
It's my understanding I can do this and I will no longer get any new upgrades in the future.

Wondering if I should move X-8 to a off line computer and was just wondering what others are doing?

Thanks Jim

WildWestDesigns

I have made the choice to stay with X-8 and not upgrade to the monthly subscription version.
It's my understanding I can do this and I will no longer get any new upgrades in the future.

Wondering if I should move X-8 to a off line computer and was just wondering what others are doing?

Thanks Jim

Any computer that is used for some type of production, along this type of production, I would have offline, unless the program or some ancillary service tied to the program, needs a constant internet connection.

I wouldn't necessarily think that DRAW itself would be used as a vector for malicious code, it's not like PDF viewing in browsers being used to spread viruses, DRAW user base is niche compared to a browser's user base.

But, I would be worried about an OS update that would fubar the ability to use X8 and not expect an update from Corel to fix that. That would be the biggest thing that I would be concerned about and if that computer is running Win 10, that is a very, very high chance of happening. If you don't have Win 10 or Win 8.1, that I would for sure suggest taking the computer offline as 7 isn't supported anymore.

I keep X5, X6 and X8 isolated in a VM with no internet to it. The host computer could have internet, but at least that guest OS has a layer of isolation and not directly tied to the internet.