• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

backlit adhesive film

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
What material are you printing on for backlit exterior graphics?

We try to always use cut vinyl on light boxes, but this job needs to be printed. We are not retrofitting the existing structure to use flexfaces or other systems.

The last time we did a similar job, we used Arlon DPF6500 and it worked well. That being said, its pretty pricey. If there is something out there that works as well but was maybe slightly less expensive, this is the job I'd like to try it out with. Eco-solvent printable please.
We've been pretty happy with Briteline Translucent.

C

ColoPrinthead

Here is what I got running 2050 20 pass as generic backlit adhesive on the printer and the same on the RIP (Onyx)

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I get very black blacks by assigning the black as a spot color, then going in flexi and printing that spot color through just the K head. 16 pass 200%, Haven’t tried it for backlit but is good on clear in windows.
How do you manage to assign only the K printhead to print your black?