Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Backlit and/or Dimensional Sign - help needed

Discussion in 'Dimensional Signs' started by brycesteiner, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Evan Gillette

Evan Gillette Member

Dec 5, 2018
    MN
    Completely agree if that is the case for your shop. But for many shops, including mine, the overhead of equipment for building channel letters in house (efficiently) would put me way below the margin I have on outsourcing them. This of course is dependent on volume. Any shop selling channel letters should know how to install and service and work with them. Just like anything else we sell. As far as mistakes are concerned it is no different than any product, if you cant cover the cost of your mistakes you just wont be in business very long.

2. Rob G Momentum

Rob G Momentum New Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Dallas, TX
    Ally Wholesale is awesome to work with and beyond reasonable.

3. firehouseneon

firehouseneon Fire Dog

Jul 14, 2003
    Bellingham
    I have a similar question along this line.. We are making an outdoor backlit sign with translucent vinyl applied. For the acrylic which white should we use 7328, 2447 or 2406? The vinyl will be illuminated from behind with neon. I have ready people using 7328...but also told that 2406 is ideal

4. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    IMG_1153.JPG IMG_1156.JPG IMG_1159.JPG IMG_1806.JPG
    aluminum fabrication, acrylic push-thru dimensional lettering/logo. use LED and you'll basically never have to service the sign. The only thing that may fail, would be the power supply, but if you install it seperate from the sign cabinet, you can make the sign as difficult to service as you'd like because the power supply easily accessible via a box in the ceiling inside of the building.