• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backlit Fabric on Hp Latex 360

klmjff

We are getting our new HP Latex 360 installed next week.

Does anyone have any experience printing Fabric backlit material (similar to backlits at the Apple stores) through the 360?

And if so, what material(s) work best for you?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I can stop by next week and bring you some sample pieces of my latex fabric if your around let me know.

klmjff

BigFish,

Thanks for the reply! Do you have any feedback on running this material through a Latex 360?

Also, the shop is in Rancho Santa Margarita, a little closer to Corona.

We are getting our new HP Latex 360 installed next week.

Does anyone have any experience printing Fabric backlit material (similar to backlits at the Apple stores) through the 360?

And if so, what material(s) work best for you?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have run a number of textiles through L2 and Latex 360 over the years. In general terms, woven fabrics are preferable for SEG backlit (Silicon Edge Graphic) applications, as more closed textiles will tend to pinhole less than knits. Also a coated fabric (usually polyester) will be preferable for this application. Aberdeen, Fisher, Berger, and others make this type of Latex printable product.

Paul

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
BigFish,

Thanks for the reply! Do you have any feedback on running this material through a Latex 360?

Also, the shop is in Rancho Santa Margarita, a little closer to Corona.

Well yes sir I have lots of feedback from the latex community when it comes to fabric printing. Send me over your address and I will get some stuff over to you and will make a visit later this week if possible.

klmjff

BigFish,

I understand you are a Merchant Member and wish do to business.

My post was asking for FEEDBACK on anybody that has printed fabric backlite thru an HP latex 360, that's all I'm looking for.

We aren't really looking to add a new vendor at this time.

If you can't give me any feedback on this site, I thank you for your time.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
BigFish,

I understand you are a Merchant Member and wish do to business.

My post was asking for FEEDBACK on anybody that has printed fabric backlite thru an HP latex 360, that's all I'm looking for.

We aren't really looking to add a new vendor at this time.

If you can't give me any feedback on this site, I thank you for your time.

Lol no problem I understand.

Yes I have tons of feedback for backlit printing on the 360 as we do it all the time when testing materials and I see it being done just about everyday by my clients. I guess I am not understanding your question, there are many types of fabric available for backlit printing and my feedback is my backlit fabric prints great in a 360. Can you be more specific on what kind of feedback your looking for?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Also the majority of fabric being used by Apple is done with Dye Sublimation and its being ran on Samba.

klmjff

Lol no problem I understand.

Yes I have tons of feedback for backlit printing on the 360 as we do it all the time when testing materials and I see it being done just about everyday by my clients. I guess I am not understanding your question, there are many types of fabric available for backlit printing and my feedback is my backlit fabric prints great in a 360. Can you be more specific on what kind of feedback your looking for?

Hey Fish,

My designers here want to know if we can run Fabric backlit material(similar to the Apple store and Best Buy apple store backlits) through our HP Latex 360 we are getting installed tomorrow.

Feedback preferred: is it possible ? What products have worked the best? Do you have any advice?

I understand that dye-sub is the preferred method, but we don't have one of those machines here.

Thanks!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey Fish,

My designers here want to know if we can run Fabric backlit material(similar to the Apple store and Best Buy apple store backlits) through our HP Latex 360 we are getting installed tomorrow.

Feedback preferred: is it possible ? What products have worked the best? Do you have any advice?

I understand that dye-sub is the preferred method, but we don't have one of those machines here.

Thanks!

Ok great questions, let me answer them for ya.

#1. Yes it is very possible, ask your vendor for a lightweight polyester fabric that is latex compatible. The lighter weight polyesters have better show thru then the heavier ones and will look better with light behind it. I would recommend my 8 Mil Polyester Fabric :Big Laugh BUT since you have other vendors your dealing with I would ask them for their suggestions. I would also ask your current vendors what fabric brands they offer and get a sample of each for comparison.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
At the SGIA show, HP was running TVF Impact Prime through a latex and it looked spectacular. Granted, it was on one of the larger HP latex models, but I had the sales rep come in afterward and discuss it since we were looking at adding a latex machine. He "told me" we could expect the same results on a 360. We produce a lot of backlit fabric on our dye sub (direct to fabric) printer and looking to replace the dye sub and rotary heat press with the latex, but at this point if the fabric rubs against itself, the ink isnt durable enough to keep from transfering, and that in our case dye sub is still the best method to use since our exhibit SEG fabric graphics are folded up and stored till the next show. Supposedly they are working on a coating for the fabric that will address this issue, but until then we are sticking with dye sub. I would recommend taking a look at the impact prime for this application.

klmjff

If I had suppliers on here trying to bring me samples and provide solutions I'd welcome them with open arms...just sayin'.

I've had new suppliers drop in unannounced and although my first reaction was the same as yours, "we don't need more suppliers". I gave them a chance and listened to what they had to offer and it has always been beneficial.

Help is help, even if it isn't in the exact form that you requested it.

The more knowledge and resources you have at your fingertips the better, as far as I'm concerned. And I'm not suggesting beating up a bunch of suppliers for pricing on the same products, but you'll find that every supplier has SOMETHING that you can benefit from and that your other suppliers don't carry. At the very least you've added someone to your contact list in the event that things change down the road.

I'm going to see a 360 this morning and will ask the question for you - I'll try to share the feedback when I get back.

Pat,

I understand and agree with you fully.

My response will be better next time.

Jeff

klmjff

The Heytex is one of the brands I deal. Pretty good stuff!

I'm still looking for a good heavy fabric backlit material to push thru our latex 360.

I don't want light because its a pain to feed and you have to switch parts around in the printer.

My vendors are befuddled.

Thanks in advance.

dypinc

I'm still looking for a good heavy fabric backlit material to push thru our latex 360.

I don't want light because its a pain to feed and you have to switch parts around in the printer.

My vendors are befuddled.

Thanks in advance.

Fisher will apply a release liner to their fabrics, which should make it feed like it was a vinyl.