• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

backlit LCD for an Edge FX?

UltraHIVE

hey all, has anyone looked into replacing the LCD with a backlit one? backlighting an LCD, is just an illuminated backing behind the characters so u can see the readout better.

im in the process of attempting this idea, about to call Gerber and ask if its been done. otherwise ill try find the part number on the LCD itself and parts hunt for a backlit version.

any info would be sweet, thanks...

UltraHIVE

still waiting on a call back from a technician, after being redirected to a call center on hold for 18 minutes.. i dont think they'll release a parts' company origin, but just their stock number for it. i might need to look at the lcd myself to get some reference name from it, then search out the company.

UltraHIVE

after much shagrew, i just went with a 77 Monte Carlo interior light. u cant leave it on alot, and i burned myself allready, but it rocks! :) also hooked up the fans to a ground switch instead of the factory temp controlled setup.

1.jpg

2.jpg