• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backlit sign help

ocean502

Hi all
I am doing a backlit sign for a customer and wanted to know if I am putting it together correctly. I was first going to cut out the black translucent vinyl and apply to the acrylic...
Print out the agave plant on clear vinyl and laminate.
Add that and the red translucent to sign...yes?
Also, will there be some light coming in thru the black? I only have the little sample..thanks. The logo was created for him by someone else, and into an existing 4 x 10 cabinet...thanks Ü

Attachments

• agave.jpg
    agave.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 91

Craig Sjoquist

The steps taken are ok

The question to me is does the customer want less light or more light..??

less light = no white border on face around frame ... also the amount of white you have showing

More light = add white border on face around frame and maybe wider outline around logo / leaf

At present this will appear dark at night which maybe the image they want

ocean502

He asked me, "will light be coming thru the black?" Do you think it will be well visible in the day and night?

slangsc

Your agave print on clear will only look good during the day. At night it will be washed out by the light coming through it. Good translucent color requires a layer printed on clear and a layer printed on white translucent. The white layer is visible during the day and the clear layer under it adds the necessary color when backlit at night.