• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backlit signs for Gas Station

jdale

Hey all.

So it's rare that a job comes into our shop unannounced but this one did.

A local gas station had hired a reputable firm to do work on their older 6 x 6 signs for their re-branding. Somehow they found out that we were the local company around here and basically yanked the job from them and brought it to us.

Color me stunned but I thanked him. He is taking over a property in our small town that has been a dozen things in the past and every time the gas station would open and a few months later it would close.

So anyway here's what they are asking for.

6 x 6 backlit panels to be installed on their existing structure. I checked it out and it's solid so i'm not worried about that, what I am looking for is some advice from the gurus as to what you guys would use. I was thinking of a backlit vinyl with a gloss lam on top.. Then install that onto clear plexiglass. Since we've never done anything like this before I was hoping to gather some advice from you guys.

Cheers

JD