• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backup Battery???

ICEdesign

Need help FAST!! Where is the backup battery on my jv3-130 spII. Someone said behind the firewire card?..so do i have to take that out and then it will be behind?

dusigns

Backup battery

Icedesign:

Did you have to pop out and replace your battery... is it as easy as that or will various and sundry settings/options/parameters be lost?

I have a "date issue" I'm trying to resolve on a JV3-160s - I started messing with the date setting and now can't go backwards, thus all the cartridges have "expired". Don't ask why I did this - I just did :)

Thx,

Jason

ICEdesign

the battery is right behind the firewire card. you have to take off the right rear back plate to access it. Then unscrew the 5 mounting screws on the firewire card..pull it out. and boom..theres your battery. Take it out for a couple mins. O btw, to get out the battery..just get a flatscrew driver and set it between the left side of the battery and the metal piece..and turn the flathead..and it should pop out to the right. And Im not positive on what it exactly resets but I have nothing to lose considering I accidently bumped the date up and ALL the ink was expired :\ But it reset my date back to 2005.01.01

Yeah i read that the new firmware for the jv3s keep you from setting the date back. You got an error 30 correct? Because thats what it kept giving me. The battery worked good though.

ColesCreations

Our 160SP is in 2005, works great with 2008 cartridges, I recommend setting the date back for anyone running OEM inks. There is no way the inks go bad after 6 months.
Remove the battery sooner rather than later, it's easy, and saves you money and trouble.

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
I removed the battery on my JV3 and left it out for several minutes and put everything back the way it was, turned on the machine and got a message saying "battery reset" hit okay, and the date still stayed the same I assume because my ink is still expired. Im guessing this is a firmware issue? Please help if you can.