• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad banding JV3

speedmedia

Hey all,
Have noticed the banding with my JV3 has gotten a little bit worse. Especially obvious on solid colors. It has always had a bit of an issue just a bit worse now.

All heads are firing clean just wonder if a bad pump or another obvious thing could cause this?

Thanks,
Kurt

speedmedia

Forgot to add it seems I am having some blowout of the red as well. It seems to be getting a bit progressively worse. I tried to see if the other colors are doing it but it seems red is the worse.

Thanks,
Kurt

Nuagedesigns

I have got a pretty good handle on ours but do notice that change in humidity will throw things off a bit. I know that prob doesnt help much but at least it may stop u from making changes drastically. We usually have to change comp settings in spring and fall

speedmedia

We get that as well from time to time in the summer. It is about ideal for printing in our shop at the money though. About 68 and very low humidity.

Thanks,
Kurt

Rooster

We get that as well from time to time in the summer. It is about ideal for printing in our shop at the money though. About 68 and very low humidity.

Thanks,
Kurt

Humidity shouldn't be very low. More like the 40-60% range as specified by the manufacturer.

speedmedia

Here is a pic although it isn't great. It is from my phone. I can take a digital pic if you aren't able to view this well enough.

Thanks,
Kurt

Attachments

• IMG00061.jpg
    IMG00061.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 134

M@CK

I'm having this problem now, looks more like bad dampers to me, any help is greatly appreciated.

BANNERS2GO

We have had the same problem for a long time. I would try running a cleaning cartrige through the magenta. If that doesn't help you can probably solve the problem with doing 1 pass instead of bi-directional. I know it isn't a permanent fix because it will print a lot slower but it might help with the current jobs you have till you figure it out.

speedmedia

Are you still having this problem?

Yes I am. I have gotten some feedback but haven't had much time to mess with it. I will have to fix it very soon though as I don't feel the prints coming off of it are of the quality I expect.

Got any ideas?

Thanks,
Kurt

Jemmings

SpeedMedia,

We work on these printers for a living and may be able to assist with this banding issue. Call us Thursday between 3 and 5pm EST. No charge for limited phone support. 678-714-1990