• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad magenta printing on Roland VS 640

Hi Guys,

I 've been experiencing some bad printing whenever the magenta needs to be used. Its like there is no definition on that color. I have put an image with Red and purple next to a green to show the difference.

Nozzle check is perfect though, not a missing or deflected nozzle

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3261.jpg
    IMG_3261.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 291
I am using the ICC profile for the vinyl, 42 heater and 45 dryer. Not sure if Versaworks is taking these numbers or the machine's default

Baz

Media is cold so you will get that pattern on certain colors.
Very noticeable when you print small things.

My VS-540 is set to max heat settings 99% of times.
Only when i print on something that does not have a backer lining do i lower heat settings.
(Banner materials, papers, etc...)

Thanks for the replies! that was actually the issue. I loaded the ICC profile in Versaworks, but it was not setting the heating in the machine. So I manually put the correct values in the printer and now the quality is as expected.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I believe that is called dot gain when colors bleed together and create a pattern like that. With heavy ink loads, and or not enough drying time the ink drops clump together and form that pattern. Used to have that problem a lot with an Avery profile printing browns and hunter greens.