• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad Rounded Corners on Zund M-1600cv Flatbed Cutter

Alex2478

Hello,

I have been having issues with a Zund M-1600 flatbed cutter. We only use a Z10 through cut knife in the machine and it cuts straight lines just fine. However when it gets to rounded corners especially small rounded corners it makes the cut and causes a rippling effect in the laminate that is very unappealing. I have already swapped out the knife on multiple occasions and can cut the same file / material on another Zund M-1600 with no issues. My first thought was that there is something wrong with the Z-offset so I played with that changing it by .05 and testing the cut but it never got better.

This problem only shows up with my 30mil material, it is mostly plastic laminate.

Machine: Zund M-1600
Material: 30 mil Plastic Lam
Knife: Z10 through cut knife with 50 degree angle
Software: Icut-7

Thanks in advance

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What did the manufacturer/distributor where you bought it have to say ??

Sounds like one chatters, while the other one doesn't. Wouldn't that indicate something is physically wrong with the one machine ??

Alex2478

Distributor

The thing is this machine had a burnt out Aux motor and it fried the Amp board and the power limiter board. I replaced all of the parts and it cuts fine with straight lines just not the corners. I have called zund on multiple occasions and they have told me they do not support my Software I-cut7.

dlndesign

Have you tried to multi pass and set up 2 separate depths? May take longer, but that may end up saving you more time. Other than that, cut then square and get a corner rounder tool so that your shop isn't at a standstill getting work done until you are able to get it figured out.

http://www.cmykthis.com

Alex2478

We have two other Zunds so very fortunately we are not loosing production. I have not tried two layered cuts yet. However I have reduced the depth of the knife so it only cuts halfway through and it still causes the ripple effect on the inside of the card. If i cut a straight line on the X or on the Y they are always perfectly straight.

ChrisN

Sounds like the tool isn't tangential to the line of cut. It may cut straight lines, but push material up on one side or the other. Did you run through the tool alignment procedures? Pictures may be helpful...

SebastienL

Sounds to me like something is not right with the x or y axis drive motors.
My guess is one of the motor on the gantry carriage is just not responding.
Try cutting the same size square on both machines and compare sizes and squareness.
If the drive motor are not answering properly to the signal sent by the computer, one square will not be the same size as the other and probably wont be square.
Call back Zund. The problem is with the machine and not the software.

Alex2478

I ran a test square cut from the zund itself just now and all the squares are the exact same size. The other Zunds unfortunately are filled with work so I'm not sure when I'll be able to use one.

Muhammad Khan

First check that is there any abnormal sound or jerk at the time of movement during job.
And check the tooth head belt tensions which should be around 51Hz.
in the next step motor will be replaced.