• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad Santa Pic to better santa pic

Fanaticus

The bank my wife and I use recently had a Santa event. Santa came to hear the kids' wish lists, pose for pictures, and even take a horse drawn wagon ride through town.

The man they hired to be Santa wasn't really very jolly and spent the majority of his time talking to his bank buddies. There were no 'ho ho ho's" or "Merry Christmas's" and they decided not to do the wagon ride because of a very slight drizzle.

He did, however, listen to the wish list and pose for a picture.

Unfortunately, nobody ever thought of putting up a nice backdrop for the pictures.

My wife really wanted a nice picture with santa to hand out to family and friends, so I spent a little time in photoshop to make it a little more 'christmasy'. Nothing really fancy, I just bumped the curves a little bit and replaced the background. But it looks much better than the original in my opinion.

Here's the before and after..........

Attachments

• talking-to-santa-small.jpg
    talking-to-santa-small.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 83
  • talking-to-santa-2011-small.jpg
    talking-to-santa-2011-small.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 57

Marlene

really great re-do! in the original the whole thing just looks sad. in your re-do, the colors are warmer and the background really makes it look so much better. aren't you glad you are able to do this!!!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Great re-do. Not at all dreary anymore.

A small pointer on perspective. Your background and all the surrounding areas are competing with Santie and your son. Try toning the add-ins down a little so your subject matter takes control and becomes the main focal point again.

10sacer

Ditto what Gino said and the angle of the background imagery makes it look like they are sitting on the ground - but then - we are paid to notice stuff like that. In the grand scheme of things - its fine.

signage

Your picture does look better!

But when I read this post title this is the photo I expected to see :covereyes:

Attachments

• bad santa.jpg
    bad santa.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 93