• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bad test draw

skasigns

I'm desperate. Printing started out ok this morning, then things started looking bad. Did a test pattern and two little spots didn't print in the cyan area. I did a custody wash and it got worse. Most of the cyan area was missing. I called Advantage tech support, but didn't get any help. I got on here and read a few threads. I tried a strong head cleaning, another longer custody wash and fill up tank. It still looks really bad. I'm hoping someone can help me!
Thanks in advance for any suggestions! It's greatly appreciated!!
Kim

HaroldDesign

What machine is it? My first guess would be to clean the head and station by hand with the correct fluid and cloth.

skasigns

Mimaki JV3-130. I've done a custody wash the last three days with the cleaning solution and foam swabs.
Thanks

thewood

Are you filling the capping stations with cleaning fluid during the Custody Wash? For how long are letting the heads soak?

thewood

Could there be some debris on the underside of the head? After a long nozzle wash, you may want to try gently wiping the underside of the offending head with a swab soaked in cleaning fluid.

Modern Ink

Post a pic of your test draws!

There could be several factors. Cleaning, bad capping station, slider board..........etc.!

speedmedia

I am betting it is a damper or pump. Had this same problem with the same printer and I changed those and we are rolling steady now!

Thanks,
Kurt

skasigns

Here is a picture of my test print. Thanks
test print smaller.jpg

Modern Ink

I assume that your machine is 4 color and running 4x2.

Are you running OEM inks or other (ie bulk ink)?

- Clean the clear strip located behind the black drive belt.
- Pull the screens and clean the inside of the capping station.
- TURN MACHINE OFF!! Remove panel at the left of the platten and move printhead down so you can get to the printheads. Inspect them to see if you have any makrs on the heads & clean the sides and back of the printheads (DO NOT touch the bottoms).

Your dampers should be about 1/2 full - even during printing?
Try a few STRONG cleaing cycles.
You can also try a 10 minute NOZZEL WASH with Acetone. Please note it is NOT recommended to do this by Mimaki or I'm sure any of the distributors. However, we have had to do that once or twice. No problems.

I noticed that you are doing CUSTODY WASHES. If you are cleaning on a daily basis you only need to do NOZZEL WASHES for a few minutes.

YOU SHOULD have a cleaning schedule for day, week and month......

Daily Maintenance
a. Clean around printheads
b. Clean around capping station
c. Clean wiper
d. 2 minute nozzle wash

Weekly Maintenance
a. Same as daily
b. Clean & dust machine
c. Complete visual inspection
d. Pull wiper and clean
e. 5 minute nozzle wash

Monthly Maintenance
a. Remove screens, clean caps and screens
b. Check and Oil Y-Bar assembly (use 3-in-1 oil)
c. Inspect printhead carriage belt

This could also be a bad slider board. The big green board just behind the dampers where all the ribbons and cables plug into.

ColesCreations

Hi.
Thanks for your thanks re the battery!

Ive seen this a few times after near empty cartridges with the printer not running cleaning cycles.

We have gotten them all back with strong cleanings; just make sure to only clean head 3 and 4 to not waste too much ink.